Sunday 25 July 2010

E L L A : First Blood

The first cut of Ella has passed my eyes and I adore it. It's a beautifully shot film with an emotional core that has really lept off the pages that Dan and I crafted over six months. Almost there. It's gonna be brilliant. Our cast have done an amazing job of bringing these characters to life. It's so surreal to think that those characters we both lived with for so long are now flesh and blood, walking and talking and growling and shooting and crying and shouting and maiming animals.

Violent Crimes has now finished. I have finally completed the newest draft. Aside from Ella and a brief diversion into the world of Powerless last year, Violent Crimes is the first full script I have finished in ages. I am so pleased with it. It's a tad too long, but that doesn't matter at this stage. All that remains is to fine tune it and get some feedback and get a first season outline written up and get it out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment