Tuesday 3 July 2012

One Man and His Dog... for a bit...

Last month Ella was nominated at the Limelight Film Awards for best horror... and it won! Very cool, very exciting, very pleased and very proud.

It's been almost two years now to the day that we filmed Ella,and having recently rewatched it after not seeing it for a while... well, I have to say it deserved to win. Although I never saw the competition... Ella is awesome. It is very awesome. I had got my mind into a horrible place where I saw faults with it, that I wasn't happy with it, but having rewatched both cuts I have sitting on a disc... it blew my mind a little.Yeah its messy and ambiguous in what we show, and yeah there are bits that didn't translate so well from the script, but fuck... the mood, atmosphere and feel of that little fucker are so strong that you just forget whatever short comings exist. Fuck, there aint any shortcomings. I showed it to someone who was a fan of it at the weekend and someone who was new to it and it just creates silence in the room when its over. Love it. Love how it makes people feel. The ambiguity of it is only there on the surface, the way it is put together and the things that are suggested kinda do the film a lot of service as it gets the head firing up and filling in the blanks. Its ace.

Dan I salute you and everyone involved with it. Ella week was an awesome week of shooting. Mr. Head is a legend in everyway and Miss Blackwell does the greatest dog barking while being covered in red shit and wearing a dogs face ever! I miss that week of shooting, I miss the scripting of that little crazy film and will never forget the phonecall when Dan suggested 'Dog Face'.

We need to work together again dude. I shall email you those words as soon as I have finished this blog. Something new. Something dark. Something fucked. Something born from the two brains we have between us. Something with blood and dirt in it. Something that says something about the human condition and how fucked we all are.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment